ASCO’s Conquer Cancer Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2019 Global Oncology Young Investigator Award (GO YIA). The Global Oncology YIA is a one-year grant that provides between $25,000 to $50,000 in research funding to investigators in their last year of training or first two years of employment to encourage and promote quality research in global oncology and to develop the next generation of researchers to address global health needs.
The application deadline is September 25, 2018, 11:59 PM (EDT). Recipients will be notified in April 2019.
For more information, please visit CONQUER.ORG/global-oncology-yia.
“Global oncology” refers to the application of the concepts of global health to cancer, and implies an approach to the practice of oncology that acknowledges the reality of limited resources in most parts of the world.
The Global Oncology Young Investigator Award is intended to support:
- Research by investigators in low resource settings on scientific questions specific to those settings. This research has the potential to offer “reverse innovation” insights that could influence practice in a wide range of practice settings.
- Research by investigators in high resource settings on issues in resource-limited settings.
- Collaborative research (high and low resource investigators) on questions of shared concern, such as studying a cancer type that affects a small population in the United States but is common in another country.
Applicants are encouraged to be innovative in their research proposal. Proposed research projects could include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical and translational research
- Innovative care delivery
- Prevention and palliative care
- Implementation research
- Health systems, outcomes, and economics research related to cancer control and care
Please note the following:
- Applications from within and outside the United States are welcome.
- Applicants must be an ASCO member or must submit a membership application with the grant application. To apply for membership or to renew an existing membership, visit asco.org/membership.
- Applications must be completed in English.
- Applications must be submitted online.
Prospective applicants can submit questions to email@example.com.